location of filter holes on 48" intex metal frame pool

May 7, 2011
I've ordered my pool 15x48" metal frame pool and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to measure their pool and tell me how low the filter holes (in and out) are from the top of the pool. If I don't fill the pool all the way to the top do you think it will be loud/annoying if the return for the filter is above the water line? I want to keep the water level lower for the first couple of years because my kids are young. Thanks!!

I have looked everywhere for information on the height of the suction and return lines for your pool. I have the 52" height pool so mine would be different so I didn't measure mine. I don't think the noise from the water splashing in to the pool from the return line would be to loud but it would always be aerating the water so your PH will always be high. You will need to add a lot of acid to keep the PH in check.

I was thinking the same thing when I purchased my first pool last year about the water height for my son. He didn't know how to swim yet. I went ahead and filled the pool all the way so the water was over his head. For the first couple weeks he really didn't have too much fun because he couldn't touch the ground. Then one day he turned into a fish and from then on I have no worrys anymore. Kids will learn how to swim very quickly. Then the water height will become less of a concern. You just have to watch them closely until they learn how to swim. There are bathing suits that have built in floats for young children also.

:cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.