Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: After Rain Storm

1. Back To Top    #1

After Rain Storm

Working on my pool for last 2 week. Just when things started looking really good, winds/Rain messed it up again.

Ran my Polaris 280 for vacuuming, filter in polaris got plugged. I do not know How old the unit is (came with the house 1-1/2 yrs ago). Tried to unscrew it from the wall (Ø1"). Plastic adapter Ø1-1/2 to Ø1" broke and 1" pc is stuck in the wall threads. Tried everything to get it out, being old it keeps on breaking. Any thoughts how to take it out ?

Thanks in advance TFP
    23k IG. Plaster. StaRite system 3 Cartridge Filter (S7M120), Pentair MiniMaxNT Heater. IntelliFlo VS (8 Speed). Going BBB

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: After Rain Storm

Been there, done that.

I had to use a hacksaw blade to "carefully" cut the broken piece. Be cautious about how "deep" you cut, because you do not want to cut the opposite wall threads (male?). Once I made my cuts, I used a screwdriver to pry out the cut piece. Once that was out, I used pliers to unsrew the remaining piece.

The only "good" thing about this process is that I was enjoying my pool at the same time, as it was a lot easier to be in the water vice hanging over the edge. Hopefully your water is not too cold.
    IG Vinyl 27,000 gallon "L" shaped (new vinyl April 2018) with spillway spa; Hayward 4820 DE; Polaris 380 w/ booster; TF-100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Voodoo_Pool !!
    23k IG. Plaster. StaRite system 3 Cartridge Filter (S7M120), Pentair MiniMaxNT Heater. IntelliFlo VS (8 Speed). Going BBB

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Unfortunately if those things haven't been unscrewed from the wall for a while, the threads become almost frozen and if you can't unscrew it with channel locks, you've gotta break it to get it out!