Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: After Rain Storm

1. Back To Top    #1

After Rain Storm

Working on my pool for last 2 week. Just when things started looking really good, winds/Rain messed it up again.

Ran my Polaris 280 for vacuuming, filter in polaris got plugged. I do not know How old the unit is (came with the house 1-1/2 yrs ago). Tried to unscrew it from the wall (Ø1"). Plastic adapter Ø1-1/2 to Ø1" broke and 1" pc is stuck in the wall threads. Tried everything to get it out, being old it keeps on breaking. Any thoughts how to take it out ?

Thanks in advance TFP
    23k IG. Plaster. StaRite system 3 Cartridge Filter (S7M120), Pentair MiniMaxNT Heater. IntelliFlo VS (8 Speed). Going BBB

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: After Rain Storm

Been there, done that.

I had to use a hacksaw blade to "carefully" cut the broken piece. Be cautious about how "deep" you cut, because you do not want to cut the opposite wall threads (male?). Once I made my cuts, I used a screwdriver to pry out the cut piece. Once that was out, I used pliers to unsrew the remaining piece.

The only "good" thing about this process is that I was enjoying my pool at the same time, as it was a lot easier to be in the water vice hanging over the edge. Hopefully your water is not too cold.
    22,000 gallons "L" shaped with spillway spa; Hayward 4820 DE; IG Vinyl; 2000 ppm salt; 50 ppm Borates; liquid chlorine; Polaris w/ booster; TF-100 Test Kit w/SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Voodoo_Pool !!
    23k IG. Plaster. StaRite system 3 Cartridge Filter (S7M120), Pentair MiniMaxNT Heater. IntelliFlo VS (8 Speed). Going BBB

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Unfortunately if those things haven't been unscrewed from the wall for a while, the threads become almost frozen and if you can't unscrew it with channel locks, you've gotta break it to get it out!