Hi all, after a lot of reading on this forum, I think I'm almost ready to actually order my pool and equipment. Below is what I am considering getting, any comments, suggestions, warnings, or other recommendations are appreciated
1. The pool I am looking at is a 18' x 38' x 52" A-bracket support AGP with steel walls and resin ledges etc., from http://www.poolfactoryonline.com/pool-s ... ton-oval-3 It's not listed there, but they said they could get it with the A-bracket support in that size for me for about $3,500-3,600 with the liner included (going to get the 72" expandable liner so I can have a deep end). I plan to have it 4 feet above ground with a deck around half of it, and bury the rest a little underground.
2. I am going to get foam coving, and probably foam for the floor and walls also. Any recommendations which works the best for the least?
3. I'm leaning towards getting a sand filter, either the Pentair SD 80 (350lb) for $304 at http://www.vminnovations.com/product_10 ... ilter.html or a Pentair SD 80 with Clear Pro for $374 at http://store.poolcenter.com/pentair-san ... 59044.aspx. Is the Clear Pro, which is supposed to filter finer particles, worth the extra $70?
4. For a pump, the Pentair OptiFlo 1 hp, 2 speed looks good. $229 from http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/poolsupp ... 347990.htm .
5. For a SWG, I think 2 Intex plumbed in parallel should work, and a lot cheaper than the bigger ones. I will disconnect the copper generator parts. About $160 each from Amazon. Will a 1hp pump on low produce enough flow if split between them though? Or will I have to run it on high when making chlorine?
6. I plan to add Borates up to the 50ppm recommended, seems everyone who does it likes the results.
7. Any recommended or hated ladders? I need a ladder from my deck into the pool.
8. Any recommended covers for the pool? I am thinking of trying a solar cover so I get both the cover and heater in one... do they work good enough?
9. Anything else I should look into getting?
Thanks for any help, I'm hoping to order everything this week, and get it installed by the end of May/beginning of June...