Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Old Noisy Pump and Austin Pool Equipment Companies

1. Back To Top    #1

Old Noisy Pump and Austin Pool Equipment Companies

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, and pool care etc. I just moved into a place with a pool and have read through all the starter docs and done my first test with a TF100 kit. I've taken pool dimension measurements and need to calculate the pool volume. I'm not even certain what it's made of - I guess masonry seeing the surface feels similar to sandstone.

The first thing I've hit is that our pump is very noisy and I'd like to get someone who knows what they're doing to take a look. We also have a jacuzzi which is empty and needs some love.

Is there anyone people on the forum can recommend in the Austin/Round Rock area? (we're off the 620)

I'd like to maintain it all myself, but knowing it's all in good shape first would be great.

Thanks,

Alan.
    10,000 gal, IG, small tile on total pool, Interwater Sand, 2 hp hayward EcoStar variable sp

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Old Noisy Pump and Austin Pool Equipment Companies

Put up some pictures and maybe a video of the pump running. There is enough guy's on here that could give you idea whats wrong.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi maxepr1,

Will do - thanks
    10,000 gal, IG, small tile on total pool, Interwater Sand, 2 hp hayward EcoStar variable sp

4. Back To Top    #4

Take pictures of the data sticker if possible on the pump. Also put all the results from your test kit up too.
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

5. Back To Top    #5

Turns out my wife got someone to have a look while I was at work. It's the bearings in the Polaris' pump, though I was wanting to replace it with a WaterTech Blue Diamond anyway.

Once the rain has stopped I'll take measurements again.