Help with Number after Opening

Mar 31, 2010
Downingtown, PA
I'm a new pool owner after having pool completed at the end of the season last year just in time for it to be closed. Opened it on Sunday and need some help figuring out where to start to get the water in shape. Would like to use the BBB method. My salt level was a little low at the end of last year so I put in 400 lbs Monday night and ran the pump for 24 hours and it is now showing 3400 ppm. The pool had a lot of dirt on bottom which I vacuumed on Sunday. Water is a little cloudy and below are numbers from the TF100 test kit.

FC = .5 ppm
CC = 1.5 ppm
TC = 2.0 ppm
TA = 30
Calcium = 60
CYA = 30
pH = 6.8

I know the numbers are not in the proper range just not sure which to try and correct first. The SWG also was acting funny when I first powered the system on but I think it was because I was really low on salt. When I looked this morning it now said salt was good and the flow light was green which it had not been so I guess I am now producing chlorine. However since I basically have no chlorine I am guessing I should probably shock the pool since I do not think the SWG will produce enough to get things back on track. Any help where to begin will be appreciated.

First thing is to bring the pH up to about 7.5 and the TA up to about 70 ppm.
Then from the CC you're reading you are going to have to shock the pool. With a CYA of 30 you need to raise your FC to ~12 and hold it there till you pass the OCLT (overnight chlorine loss test). You should test and add chlorine as often as once an hour to start with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.