Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tagelus TA 60 repair

1. Back To Top    #1

Tagelus TA 60 repair

I am in the process of changing the sand in my filter. I removed the sand, inspected the laterals and tried to return the center pipe to its position. Unfortunately, the center pipe stabilizer popped off the bottom of the tank. The stabilizer part appears to be in good condition aside from the enormous glob of dried/failed glue stuck to the bottom of it. I think I can clean this off - its the consistency of peanut brittle.

Does anyone have any good advice on the best approach to repairing this? The right glue, the best way to center it, etc.?

Thanks, Tom
    20x40 IG, 35,900 gallon, Vinyl, Pentair Tagelus Sand Filter, Pentair Master Temp Heater, Pentair SuperFlo Pump, Intellichlor SWG, Eclipse Auto Cover, Magic Stream Deck Jets

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tagelus TA 60 repair

You won't be able to replicate the glue we use on the production line. Its a reactive hot melt urethane.

That said, all you need it to do is hold it in place until sand fills around it and stabilizes it. As long as it doesn't move when you fill it with sand, you are fine. You could probably just pour the sand in carefully and be fine. If you really want to glue it back in place, epoxies tend to make a strong bond to fiberglass as well. We just use the urethate b/c its quicker.
    In-ground Filters Engineer
    Pentair Water Pool and Spa, Inc.
    www.pentairpool.com
    1620 Hawkins Ave
    Sanford, NC 27330

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Tagelus TA 60 repair

Thanks for the reply. I thought about it and figured it didn't need to adhere with a very strong bond and that it was really just a guide. I used some silicone to hold it in place and got it all back together.
    20x40 IG, 35,900 gallon, Vinyl, Pentair Tagelus Sand Filter, Pentair Master Temp Heater, Pentair SuperFlo Pump, Intellichlor SWG, Eclipse Auto Cover, Magic Stream Deck Jets