Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing a Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing a Filter

Hi All,

After a LOT of thinking and budgeting we've decided to replace our pool filter by ourselves. My husband does construction for a living so he's very familiar with pvc work, etc., but has never replaced a pool filter. We are replacing a 36 sqft DE filter for another 36. Is it just as simple as remove the old one and slap a new one on? Does anyone have any advice? Instructions? Things to look out for? Is there any electric work involved in replacing a filter? I assume no since we're not replacing the pump. Just the filter and a new multiport valve. Please give us some advice!!!!

Thanks in advance!!!!!
    16x32 inground, vinyl, brand new Hayward Pro-grid, multiport valve, no idea what our pump is (will figure it out when we need to replace it).

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Replacing a Filter

There's no electrical to the filter. I'd make sure the pump breaker was off before you start though. It's just plumbing and if you're replacing like kinds then it should be really straight forward.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit