Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BBB is the way for me!

1. Back To Top    #1

BBB is the way for me!

Thanks to everyone on this forum, my first pool opening has been very easy, and quite enjoyable. Using the BBB method, I had no problems getting my levels correct for a pool (and water) that had not been properly maintained for almost 20 years! With the equipment upgrade complete, I spent Sunday and Monday evening getting my pH and TA in check, and last night I added 50ppm borates and took these pictures. Soon I will be trying an AA treatment to try to get rid of the dark staining in the pool and spa (not very apparent in these pics, I'll post pictures of the stains soon). (EDIT- actually the staining is quite apparent. If you look at the returns on the floor you can see that near the returns it is a nice blue, and darker everywhere else. I am hoping the AA treatment will help a lot.)

Just wanted to say thanks for everything so far and share these pictures with you
    Attached Images Attached Images
    8,700 gallon IG pool (including 2000 gallon spill-over spa), WetEdge Northshore Tahoe (Satin Matrix) finish, Hayward SwimPure Plus T-15, Jandy JXi 260k propane heater, Jandy FloPro 1.5HP 2 speed pump, Jandy CS 150 cartridge filter, TF-100, Borates added, BBB is the way for me!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: BBB is the way for me!

Beautiful water!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Jason!
    8,700 gallon IG pool (including 2000 gallon spill-over spa), WetEdge Northshore Tahoe (Satin Matrix) finish, Hayward SwimPure Plus T-15, Jandy JXi 260k propane heater, Jandy FloPro 1.5HP 2 speed pump, Jandy CS 150 cartridge filter, TF-100, Borates added, BBB is the way for me!

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice pool!

That Dolphin working for you? Mine's dead for the third time in 7 months, of which 2 months of those it's been in the shop or waiting on parts.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks!
    The Dolphin is doing fine so far. It came with the house and I am not sure how often the previous owners used it. What has gone wrong with yours?

6. Back To Top    #6

First one was dead out of the box. Second one died in 3 weeks, they spent over a month trying to figure out what was wrong, tried new power supply, replaced the motor, etc., but eventually gave me a new unit. Third one we again suspect power supply, been waiting for 3 weeks for a new one, supposed to have the new one today so we will see if that gets it running again. Sweeping my pool on a daily basis (and it's not as effective as the robot) is getting old!
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

Sorry to hear that... Third times the charm, right?

8. Back To Top    #8

Spa almost looks empty. Now thats good water.
    Screen enclosed 17K gal 16x30 IG with Diamond Brite finish, elevated 4 jet spa with spill over, Twin dolphin fountain, Hayward Ecostar pump[ Pentair intelliflo VS, Filter Sta rite Posi-Flo PTM 100, Aqua Cal heat pump, Tiger Shark QC robotic cleaner.
    Stenner peristaltic pump model 45MPHP10, 15 gal storage tank. TF 100 with Speed Stir.

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks! The pool looked like that too before I dropped the Dolphin in. It was almost eerie!