Any Hayward Experts Available to advise?

Jun 21, 2008
Central MD
I recently purchased what was advertised as a Hayward Pro 210T sand filter from a major US supplier on Ebay.

What I received yesterday from Fed Ex is A Hayward Sandmaster SM2106T. This appears to be the same filter as the 210T only with a black tank and directions on the reverse side in French. The filter lists Hayward Canada as the manufacturer. I'm not overly excited yet as it appears that this is simply a Canadian version of the 210T sold here in the states.

What concerns me is that I can find no reference to the SandMaster series filters on Hayward's US or Canadian sites. A call to Hayward was not at all helpful. Although they did make the statement that the Canuk filters are built more robustly than the US versions to handle the weather- I wonder if that means the plastic tank is thicker.

I have a call in the the seller and am awaiting a return call.

The warranty is only a year, so I am not really worried about warranty claims in the states on a Canadian product. I am however worried about future parts interchangeability. From what I can tell, the parts appear the same and share part numbers that are close. For instance the US part number might be 20051 and the Canadian Part is 20051CX.

The tank on mine is black (which doesn't bother me and might offer a small degree of solar gain) versus tan. The Multiport valve has the same part number as a US filter. The gasket and ring are similar in part # as described above. The laterals are the new hinged version and not the screw in kind- so it is a newer model.

So my questions:

1) What's the deal with the "SandMaster" name. Is it an old version or something?
2) Can anyone comment on the parts interchangeability? I cannot imagine that Hayward manufactures different parts for two versions of the same filter.

I don't see a need to send it back and ask for one labeled as "Pro Series" if indeed the filters are the same and I will be able to get parts as needed in the future- from a Stateside supplier.

Have a look here

http://www.clubpiscine.ca/705-product-p ... r-21-.html

and here

http://www.clubpiscine.ca/data/document ... filter.pdf

Don't know if it helps, but it has the specs etc. on your filter in the manual.

Also here

http://www.pioneerpoolslondon.com/scart ... =4&sar=13#

they show the same model # SM2106T as the clubpiscine website, but the picture is a filter with a Hayward label on it.

Looks like Hayward makes filters called Club Pro (I happen to have an inground model actually) for up here in the Canadian market??, but in black?? The exact model with a Hayward sticker is grey/beige. Weird.

Yeah- it is weird. I have the Club Pro Model (looks like it anyway) except without the club pro stickers. In their place are Hayward stickers. One on each side of the tank- one if French and one in English. I kind of like the black tank- and if it is thicker for Canadian winter weather, that can't hurt. Owners manual is identical- right down to the HaywardCanada website at the bottom. Only difference is mine says sandmaster and not clubpro.

Like I said, no real need to demand from the company that I get one labeled 210T if they are indeed the same filter with interchangeable parts.

Hayward has been buying up other pool companies over the last several years and replacing their product lines with their own. They keep the brand names around because people tend to have brand loyalty, but all the equipment is the same across their various brands.

I have just had a similar experience - I ordered a light colored Hayward Pro Series 24 inch S2444T filter but received a BLACK Club Pro 25 inch SANDMSTR SM2506T filter. Even though they both may be genuine Hayward products I am not confident that the quality/design/cost of the tank is identical. It's like buying a Ford, I wouldn't be a happy customer if I paid for a Taurus and they delivered a Fiesta.

Just had the same thing happen to me. Thought I was getting Hayward S244T. I know it is the same, but it's not what I ordered. If they had called and told me it was a sandmaster and it was identical except for color and sticker, I'd have been ok with it. I feel like the screwed me.... It's not what was advertised!!! Oh well suck is life.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.