Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any Hayward Experts Available to advise?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any Hayward Experts Available to advise?

I recently purchased what was advertised as a Hayward Pro 210T sand filter from a major US supplier on Ebay.

What I received yesterday from Fed Ex is A Hayward Sandmaster SM2106T. This appears to be the same filter as the 210T only with a black tank and directions on the reverse side in French. The filter lists Hayward Canada as the manufacturer. I'm not overly excited yet as it appears that this is simply a Canadian version of the 210T sold here in the states.

What concerns me is that I can find no reference to the SandMaster series filters on Hayward's US or Canadian sites. A call to Hayward was not at all helpful. Although they did make the statement that the Canuk filters are built more robustly than the US versions to handle the weather- I wonder if that means the plastic tank is thicker.

I have a call in the the seller and am awaiting a return call.

The warranty is only a year, so I am not really worried about warranty claims in the states on a Canadian product. I am however worried about future parts interchangeability. From what I can tell, the parts appear the same and share part numbers that are close. For instance the US part number might be 20051 and the Canadian Part is 20051CX.

The tank on mine is black (which doesn't bother me and might offer a small degree of solar gain) versus tan. The Multiport valve has the same part number as a US filter. The gasket and ring are similar in part # as described above. The laterals are the new hinged version and not the screw in kind- so it is a newer model.

So my questions:

1) What's the deal with the "SandMaster" name. Is it an old version or something?
    2) Can anyone comment on the parts interchangeability? I cannot imagine that Hayward manufactures different parts for two versions of the same filter.

I don't see a need to send it back and ask for one labeled as "Pro Series" if indeed the filters are the same and I will be able to get parts as needed in the future- from a Stateside supplier.
    24' Round Doughboy AG.
    Usually filled with 3 kids, the wife, and occasionally the dog.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any Hayward Experts Available to advise?

I'm no expert but from what I can find out the parts are all the same, it's the vessel that's different. Maybe some of our northerly neighbors will know.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Have a look here

http://www.clubpiscine.ca/705-product-p ... r-21-.html

and here

http://www.clubpiscine.ca/data/document ... filter.pdf

Don't know if it helps, but it has the specs etc. on your filter in the manual.

Also here

http://www.pioneerpoolslondon.com/scart ... =4&sar=13#

they show the same model # SM2106T as the clubpiscine website, but the picture is a filter with a Hayward label on it.

Looks like Hayward makes filters called Club Pro (I happen to have an inground model actually) for up here in the Canadian market??, but in black?? The exact model with a Hayward sticker is grey/beige. Weird.
    16x28 Roman, 55000 litres, salt water, Zodiac Duoclear 130 (mineral cartridge removed!!!), inground, vinyl liner
    Hayward Tri-star VS900 (1.85 HP) pump, Hayward C3030 cartridge filter
    Nine Techno Solis 4x10 solar panels, Jandy LX 250 natural gas heater
    Jandy Aqualink PDA with Sub Panel Power Centre

4. Back To Top    #4

Yeah- it is weird. I have the Club Pro Model (looks like it anyway) except without the club pro stickers. In their place are Hayward stickers. One on each side of the tank- one if French and one in English. I kind of like the black tank- and if it is thicker for Canadian winter weather, that can't hurt. Owners manual is identical- right down to the HaywardCanada website at the bottom. Only difference is mine says sandmaster and not clubpro.

Like I said, no real need to demand from the company that I get one labeled 210T if they are indeed the same filter with interchangeable parts.
    24' Round Doughboy AG.

5. Back To Top    #5

Spoke with LL today- they assure me that what I have is identical to a 210T and that all parts are interchangeable. I believe them as I suspected this anyway.

Thanks for everyone's input.
    24' Round Doughboy AG.

6. Back To Top    #6

Hayward has been buying up other pool companies over the last several years and replacing their product lines with their own. They keep the brand names around because people tend to have brand loyalty, but all the equipment is the same across their various brands.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

I have just had a similar experience - I ordered a light colored Hayward Pro Series 24 inch S2444T filter but received a BLACK Club Pro 25 inch SANDMSTR SM2506T filter. Even though they both may be genuine Hayward products I am not confident that the quality/design/cost of the tank is identical. It's like buying a Ford, I wouldn't be a happy customer if I paid for a Taurus and they delivered a Fiesta.

8. Back To Top    #8

Any Hayward Experts Available to advise?

Just had the same thing happen to me. Thought I was getting Hayward S244T. I know it is the same, but it's not what I ordered. If they had called and told me it was a sandmaster and it was identical except for color and sticker, I'd have been ok with it. I feel like the screwed me.... It's not what was advertised!!! Oh well suck is life.
    Dave S
    24x52" Round AGP
    Hayward S244T 300 pound sand 1 HP matrix pump
    Taylor K-2005 Test kit with the K-1515-A FAS-DPD added on.
    No one is useless, you can always serve as a bad example!