Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pictures of new build

1. Back To Top    #1

Pictures of new build

We were slowed by weather and some challenges with a cave in but appear to be back on track. I say "appear" because getting ahold of my builder appears to be tougher than contacting the president. This could turn into a DIY very easy as I've got my trigger on the "your are fired sir" button. To his credit, I'm pretty tough to build for as I have a high level of "need to know" and love to learn, I'm very curious. You couple that with a good friend in the business and I wonder why I didn't build this myself from the start. Much more drama behind this as you care to know about.....enjoy the pictures!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    34 x 19 salt water free form. 7.5" inside diameter raised spa. 24" raised beam in back. 3 moss rock waterfalls off raised beam and moss rock waterfall out of the spa. (2) Intelliflo VF pumps, 420 Cartridge Filter, 400 BTU Pentair low nox heater. 2.5" suction and 2" returns throughout.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pictures of new build

That looks like it is going to be a beautiful pool.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

These pictures bring up a question I have. I've seen a LOT of pool builds here on TFP and I always notice that the plumbing is never buried within the shell of the pool, it's usually trenched below the shell surface. However, every Oklahoma build I've seen, they bury the plumbing within the shell. Is this because of the clay in the area? Is one style any better or worse than the other?

4. Back To Top    #4

Before you go firing him you had better read your contract. I know here in Texas it is easier to get out of a lease than and a building contract! Building it yourself has it advantages! That's what I did, lots of headaches but still would do it in a heartbeat!
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE Inteliflo VS 2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

5. Back To Top    #5

Any update on this?