Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ladder question

1. Back To Top    #1

ladder question

Hi,

We got a deck ladder with our new pool.....but we have no deck yet!!! We built wooden stairs to attach the ladder to, in the mean time. My question is this, Is the bottom step of the deck ladder supposed to lay directly on the bottom of the pool, or is it supposed to be suspended a few inches off the bottom?

Thanks
    15x30x54 AquaLeader Sentinelle AGP
    2 HP 2 Speed Hayward SwimPro Voyager Pump
    Hayward SwimPro Voyager 150 sq. ft. Filter
    Hayward H series millivolt 150 btu Heater
    TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ladder question

AGP Pool ladders usually rest on the pool floor. If you are concerned about wear on the liner, you could use a step pad.

The wooden stairs are built to code I assume? I ask mainly from a saftey perspective
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Code? I think the steps are about 30 inches tall. I'll have to measure tomorrow. We actually used the pool today.....CRAZY!!!!! FREEZING!!! We took ladder out of pool and flip steps over after we got out. Since there is no safety lock or anything.
    TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

I have been using bathtub mat's for my step's for year's...They work great..The suction cup's on the bottom of the mat's will stay in place and not move around..I do recommend getting the Heavy Duty one's in clear..They seem to last alot longer&you really don't see them..Also easy to trim with a knife...The one's that I have now are on the 2nd summer of use...
    Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Are the ladders on an Oval pool supposed to be place on the curved end or does it matter? we had the ladder on the straight end up until today....now its on the beginning of the curved end. I thought I read somewhere that the straight side is the weakest part of the pool, is that true?
    TF-100