Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Credit where credit is due--Amazon.com

1. Back To Top    #1

Credit where credit is due--Amazon.com

I needed a new solar cover this year. I knew which one I wanted, so I Googled it and got a hit at Amazon which sold it via In The Swim. Free 7-10 day shipping and $5 less than through their catalog. Ordered it and a strap kit yesterday at lunch. Came home from work today to find it in my driveway. To get an indication of how fast that is, FedEx won't guarantee overnight delivery where I live, but I got a big, bulky package in 24 hours.

Amazon has fulfillment centers in Indiana, so I bet that's why, but holy cow, I never expected anything that fast.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Credit where credit is due--Amazon.com

I love Amazon!!! Have you ever checked out their subscribe and save? Some items are great deals!!
    10,408 gallon, 21' round, 52 in' deep AG, half in ground
    Artesian Clear Master Plus Sand Filter, Artesian Turbo King 2 hp pump, installed June 08
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    GEAUX TIGERS!
    Pics taken 2012
    http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad25 ... CN0606.jpg
    http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad25 ... CN0607.jpg

3. Back To Top    #3

what I think is awesome is that you can get a VS3050 for $880 and a VS-SVRS for $1000 shipped overnight for $3 extra on prime (or free with 2-day)...they actually stock these pumps! Crazy....
    38K Gallons IG, Intelliflow VS-SVRS, 30GPM 24/7, 72sqft DE Filter, Spectralight UV, Jandy C1900 driving Liquid Chlorine and Acid (toys, I know..), Jandy LXi gas heater, Aquacal SQ175 Heatpump, Riverflow Competition swimmer, Jandy automation, Touch and iAqualink, Pebblesheen | The Build

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake
    what I think is awesome is that you can get a VS3050 for $880 and a VS-SVRS for $1000 shipped overnight for $3 extra on prime (or free with 2-day)...they actually stock these pumps! Crazy....
    The new map on this is in the $1100 range. Will be interesting to see what happens.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool

5. Back To Top    #5

That's funny because I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. On Monday, I ordered Microsoft Office 2010 off of Amazon.com. I even picked the free super saver shipping option. I had it by noon Wednesday.

6. Back To Top    #6

In The Swim is not Amazon, but a merchant that sells on their website. I was shopping for a Diver Dave, solar cover and ladder for this year. I saw many merchants selling pools equipment and saw In The Swim alot. They must be a good company to have shipped it out that fast for you to receive it quickly. I normally avoid all 3rd Party Merchants on Amazon for many reasons. I also work for Amazon and see so many bad things going on with 3rd parties all the time.
    24' AGP
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump
    Hayward Pro Series S180T 150lb sand filter
    Intex 54601EG Krystal Clear SWG
    Diver Dave pool cleaner

7. Back To Top    #7

I just purchased a Hayward sand filter/pump and a solar cover. Went to Intheswim.com, checked prices, checked Amazon prices, and intheswim's amazon store prices were the lowest listed on Amazon, and alot cheaper than their website. I must have saved close to $100 just by checking the amazon price. Free shipping on top of it, and had the pump/filter next day, and cover the day after.

Always check Amazon, they seem to be driving prices down between the multiple stores that sell on there.
    AGP 8600 Gal Intex Ultra Frame 18x52
    Hayward S180T Sand Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake
    You must have missed the Amazon sale a couple weeks ago. I bought the VS3050 VS-SVRS $814, Hayward C5030 filter $740 and Easy Touch 8 with actuators and SWG for $1000
    Pool is DONE!
    Pentair Intelliflo VS3050
    Pentair Easy Touch 8 + actuators + swg
    Pentair IntelliPH
    Pentair 400btu HD heater
    3- Jandy WaterColor LED's
    Hayward C5030 525sqft cartridge filter
    Waterway spa blower

9. Back To Top    #9

Amazon is going to start charging sales tax for 8 more states. NJ starts July 2013. I'm still going to be buying from them.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

10. Back To Top    #10

I just saw the other day amazon is going to start offering same day shipping, so you will get the order the same day, that's pretty cool.
    They say amazon is doing it to compete with the big box stores
    They may have started for all I know?
    18' x 33' Aqua leader AGP (~19k gal) w/hayward swimpro voyager cartridge filter and 2hp hayward pump.
    8 Gal LQ, hayward heater.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNJ
    Amazon is going to start charging sales tax for 8 more states. NJ starts July 2013. I'm still going to be buying from them.
    Amazon can't do anything about that, it's law if a co owns a brick and mortar shop in that state the co has to charge tax, no way around it
    18' x 33' Aqua leader AGP (~19k gal) w/hayward swimpro voyager cartridge filter and 2hp hayward pump.
    8 Gal LQ, hayward heater.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Highlandreef
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveNJ
    Amazon can't do anything about that, it's law if a co owns a brick and mortar shop in that state the co has to charge tax, no way around it
    In addition many states have passed laws requiring taxes from internet purchases even when there is no brick and mortar outlet. NC is one of those. Some of the larger vendors are cooperating with this - I don't recall if Amazon is or not.
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump

13. Back To Top    #13

Amazon is opening a distribution center in NJ that is why sales tax is coming to our purchases. Which kind of stinks. They have a distribution center in PA so we already get everything Next Day with our Prime subscription. I can order stuff on a Sunday and get it on a Monday. It is amazing.
    18x36 29K gal Gunite - 1 HP Hayward Super Pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite - 40k Cell - 24" Hayward Pro Sand Filter
    Polaris 380 w/ booster - RayPak 336K BTU Propane Heater

Twitter: @jfgreco