Pentair Multi-Port Valve Part Number for Old FNS Plus

May 3, 2011
Hi folks, hopefully someone here knows the answer...I did a search, but came up with different info vs. what Pentair shows on their website.

I am replacing an old-school vertical slider backwash valve on my (2002-vintage) Pentair FNS Plus, 60 Vertical Grid DE filter.

I want to replace it with a Pentair "high-flow" multiport valve.

I'm trying to determine / confirm which Pentair Multiport Valve part number I need; From what I can tell from Pentair's website, the 261142 is the "high flow" version, for an FNS Plus. The inlet on my filter is at the bottom port. Is this the correct part number?

I want to make sure, because I recall (and maybe I'm incorrect) something about there being FNS and/or FNS Plus filters, where the top port on the filter is actually the inlet, and not the bottom port?

De filters work by the inlet being the bottom fitting, sand filters work with the inlet fitting being the top one - this may be the cause for your confusion, the valves for the 2 different kinds are 180* opposite. The model # you gave will work for either the FNS or the FNS+ :cool:

If you need help rearranging the pad to better accept the multiport, post a pic of your set up and we'll give our best advice :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.