Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar Panel Install - 2 Types of panels

1. Back To Top    #1

Manitoba, Canada

Solar Panel Install - 2 Types of panels

I bought a couple of 2x20 panels used that have the inlet and outlet on the same end of the panel (not sure what brnad they are). I'd like to add a couple more 4x10 or 12 (depends what fits on my roof) to this that have inlet/outlet on opposite ends. I swear I saw a diagram somewhere on this forum that shows someone's setup of the 2 types of panels used together. Anyone know where that is or can repost? I have tried searching but wasn't able to find it.

I have also read of people that have drilled out the 'divider' on both ends so that the inlet/outlet ends up like the newer panels (on opposite ends). Anyone heard of or have experience with that?

21 foot AG 10,000 gallon, Waterway pump and Waterway Carefree 19" sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Waaay NW MN

Re: Solar Panel Install - 2 Types of panels

The answer is simpler than you think - flip them over. There is no need to drill them out or modify them. The side that faces up/out now faces down towards the roof. This is what I did. They work perfectly.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!