Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Poolvergnuegen "thepoolcleaner" cleaners

1. Back To Top    #1

Poolvergnuegen "thepoolcleaner" cleaners

I have a question for those who have experience with the Poolvergnuegen "thepoolcleaner" cleaners.

Do these cleaners periodically "reverse" automatically, so that if they get stuck on a pool feature they will eventually free themselves?
    38,500 gallon free form pool, Gemstone finish by Burkett's, FNS Plus 60, Pentair Intelliflo Pump #011018, Solar, 12 4x12 panels w/Compool LX220....Soon to be adding automation.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Poolvergnuegen "thepoolcleaner" cleaners

Yes they do. And they spin around as well.

It's not perfect, however. If you have unusual features like ramps in the pool and you have an electric safety cover, then it can go up the ramp and get stuck (my 16,000 gallon pool is shown here and here). I have the pressure cleaner (4-wheel) running on a dedicated line with my variable speed pump set to 15 GPM running 2 hours every night.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

3. Back To Top    #3

the getting stuck occurs only if the GPM rate is set too low.

in my case, I run a cleaning period at 23 GPM and the Poolvergnuegen 2x runs along at brisk pace.

other Features programming on the IntelliFlow VF run as low as 12 GPM and the cleaner is immobilized, on purpose.

4. Back To Top    #4

I tried to watch mine clean the pool and it drove me nuts. You have to let it do its business and look at the finished product (a clean pool).
    35K IG Vinyl 20 x 40 self built pool, Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter 31" 98gal/min, Hayward TriStar 1.85hp, Hayward 400btu heater, BBB method w/Hypo, Jazz light w/matching fiber optic rope lighting around coping w/syncronized color wheels. Concrete Paver deck.

5. Back To Top    #5

Jasonknox, you've quite a large pool 35k. What do you think of the 4 wheel suction side version? How long does it take to clean your pool?
    19,600 gal, Vinyl, Grecian L, StaRite Dura-Glas 1 HP pump, 3/4hp booster, Pentair Clean and Clear 420 Cartridge filter
    The Pool Cleaner 4x, PoolSkim

6. Back To Top    #6

Yea Puffin, I'll be sad if his works well. I was told my pool was too big for any of their units. They are 1/2 the cost of my robotic cleaner.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by susa
    the getting stuck occurs only if the GPM rate is set too low.

in my case, I run a cleaning period at 23 GPM and the Poolvergnuegen 2x runs along at brisk pace.

other Features programming on the IntelliFlow VF run as low as 12 GPM and the cleaner is immobilized, on purpose.
    I'm not talking about getting stuck in a corner (it never does that) -- I'm talking about going up the ramp and tipping over when it encounters the cover. The speed/flow is irrelevant in this sort of situation, albeit a rare case for most pools. Also, there is a pressure relief valve that opens up if I try and go over 15 GPM anyway and the wheels at 15 GPM are spinning faster than their recommended 12-15 RPM (at the 15 GPM pump setting, I'm getting around 17 RPM with the wheels). Maybe the pressure at the outlet of the dedicated 1.5" line at 15 GPM flow rate is higher than in some other pools or maybe the IntelliFlo is lying to me about the flow rate.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

8. Back To Top    #8

>> talking about going up the ramp and tipping over when it encounters the cover.

anticipated that situation and installed a very flat cover for the drain, older style cover like in use in the late 80's and system steps over it like any other flat surface.

my 23 GPM's are also with only a partially open suction line as I pull most water volume from the main drain line and can switch jandy valve to dedicated line but the cleaner starts climbing out of the pool at that point

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin
    Jasonknox, you've quite a large pool 35k. What do you think of the 4 wheel suction side version? How long does it take to clean your pool?
    It will totally clean my pool in one day or a 10 hour run time. I probably run it every 5 to 7 days depending on how the pool looks. If we have a storm I will usually run it after the storm to get the pool clean. I don't have a leaf catcher so I have to clean out the pump basket more frequently which means I have to be at home.
    35K IG Vinyl 20 x 40 self built pool, Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter 31" 98gal/min, Hayward TriStar 1.85hp, Hayward 400btu heater, BBB method w/Hypo, Jazz light w/matching fiber optic rope lighting around coping w/syncronized color wheels. Concrete Paver deck.