Pool Calculator App

Apr 4, 2011
I tried to get the iPhone app from the Pool Calculator site but it said something like the item you requested is not available in the U.S. store. Does anyone know where I can get this app, or does anyone have one that is the equivalent that works?

Thanks for the help!

Give some thought to using the Web-based Pool Calculator rather than the Pool Cal app. It's by the same company but more reliable. The iPhone/iPad app loses its mind now and then (more now than then) in that it forgets your settings and goals. This is a known issue which still hasn't been addressed by the developers. Right when you need it most you'll find yourself reconfiguring volume, type of surface, goals, and the dial thingie with which to set them is a PITA. I regret having paid money for the silly thing.

The Web-based pool calculator is the same one Jason wrote, just with a different name on the bottom, and is as reliable as ever.

AnnaK said:
The iPhone/iPad app loses its mind now and then (more now than then) in that it forgets your settings and goals. This is a known issue which still hasn't been addressed by the developers. Right when you need it most you'll find yourself reconfiguring volume, type of surface, goals, and the dial thingie with which to set them is a PITA. I regret having paid money for the silly thing.

I have to disagree with your opinion on the Pool Calc app. I've been running it on my iPod Touch since last September and more recently on my iPad 2. I use it probably 3 times a week or so and I've never had it lose any of the settings. Possibly it was a faulty installation and deleting and reinstalling the app might make it right. I like the dials for adjusting the various settings, very intuitive to use.

I think it's well worth the money I paid for it and conversely, I think the online Pool Calculator is kind of clunky in comparison. I much prefer the app.

Gary

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.