Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Calculator App

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Calculator App

I tried to get the iPhone app from the Pool Calculator site but it said something like the item you requested is not available in the U.S. store. Does anyone know where I can get this app, or does anyone have one that is the equivalent that works?

Thanks for the help!
    27' round Above ground w/sand filter
    17100 gallons calculated
    Nashville, IL

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Calculator App

Try this link.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Give some thought to using the Web-based Pool Calculator rather than the Pool Cal app. It's by the same company but more reliable. The iPhone/iPad app loses its mind now and then (more now than then) in that it forgets your settings and goals. This is a known issue which still hasn't been addressed by the developers. Right when you need it most you'll find yourself reconfiguring volume, type of surface, goals, and the dial thingie with which to set them is a PITA. I regret having paid money for the silly thing.

The Web-based pool calculator is the same one Jason wrote, just with a different name on the bottom, and is as reliable as ever.
    AnnaK

12,500 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

4. Back To Top    #4

Any possibilitiy of getting an Android app for this. I love it, but not a fan of running back in the house to run the calculations.
    Still pretty new at this so I have to.
    15' Intex frame set
    4600 Gallon
    2650gph Intex Sand Filter
    NightLighter 35W
    Red Neck fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

A Windows Phone 7 version of the app would be great too!
    21,000K IG Vinyl Free Form, 1.5 HP Pump, Sta-Rite filter, 5 jets, 2 drains, SWG, 200K BTU gas heater

6. Back To Top    #6

How about a Droid version of the app?
    24' AGP
    Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp pump
    Hayward Pro Series S180T 150lb sand filter
    Intex 54601EG Krystal Clear SWG
    Diver Dave pool cleaner

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaK
    The iPhone/iPad app loses its mind now and then (more now than then) in that it forgets your settings and goals. This is a known issue which still hasn't been addressed by the developers. Right when you need it most you'll find yourself reconfiguring volume, type of surface, goals, and the dial thingie with which to set them is a PITA. I regret having paid money for the silly thing.
    I have to disagree with your opinion on the Pool Calc app. I've been running it on my iPod Touch since last September and more recently on my iPad 2. I use it probably 3 times a week or so and I've never had it lose any of the settings. Possibly it was a faulty installation and deleting and reinstalling the app might make it right. I like the dials for adjusting the various settings, very intuitive to use.

I think it's well worth the money I paid for it and conversely, I think the online Pool Calculator is kind of clunky in comparison. I much prefer the app.

Gary
    26,200 gal. 35' x 16' Plaster IGP (50 yrs. old), Hayward 48 sq. ft. DE filter, Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40 SWCG, The Pool Cleaner 4X suction, Pool Skim and Pool Devil skimmers. Re-plastered Sept. 2010.

8. Back To Top    #8

I also use the app on my ipod touch and haven't had any issues with it resetting. I installed it early last summer. I love it!
    30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system
    Hayward H250N gas heater; TF100 Test Kit
    2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels
    Dolphin E 10 ~ Zoomerang slide
    Majestic 8000 Above-Ground Pool Step