Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TF-100 1st results

1. Back To Top    #1

TF-100 1st results

I tested first thing this morning:
    FC 1.5
    CC 1.5
    PH 6.8 (if lower, does it still read 6.8?)
    Alk 60
    CH 90
    CYA 0 Just ended using Baquacil last year and have not added yet.

15K AG 16X32

Calculator says to add about 7lbs of borax and 4 lbs of Arm & Hammer.

Is it safe to try and adjust the Alk when the PH has to move up so much? Seems like I would want to take care of the PH first without doing anything with the Alk. What do you guys think? Not worried about the chlorine levels as I have a good understanding of what to do there.
    16X32 AGP 6' deep end. 15,000. 1HP pump. 160 SqFt solar panels ground mount. 250lbs sand filter (aqua star)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TF-100 1st results

The first thing is to raise the PH up to at least 7.2. The PH test will read levels lower than 6.8 as 6.8, so you may need to raise it quite a bit. Use the Pool Calculator to figure out an amount to raise the PH to say 7.4, add that, allow it to mix in for an hour, test the PH again to see where you are, and continue adjusting from there.

After that, it sounds like you aren't quite completely done with the baqua conversion.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: TF-100 1st results

thanks for the info. The baqaucil conversion took place mostly last fall. Not saying there is no baquacil left, but definitely not changing colors on my like last fall. Pool was cloudy when I opened it, but could still see the bottom. So I will just work on the PH first to get it to the low 7's at least and then retest and go from there.

Tim
    16X32 AGP 6' deep end. 15,000. 1HP pump. 160 SqFt solar panels ground mount. 250lbs sand filter (aqua star)