Milky White "dust" on the bottom of the pool??

Mar 15, 2011
I just took a dip and when I touched the bottom of the pool a milky white dust like material came up. The pool was cloudy but I got it clear and it has been clear for a number of days now. Is this the leftovers and how do I get rid of it?

20,000 gallon inground Marquisite pool, Florida, Chlorine and cartridge filter. I use 2 capfuls of phos Free Weekly every week to try and keep the Algae away and a chlorine floater with 3 new Valuechlor Brand "hockey pucks" every week and clean the cartridge every week. We also use a Sharkvac pool cleaner and we have a built in floor system running whenever the filter is on as we have a lot of trees right around us and no screen. I have the water tested at Pinch a Penny every week and if total Chlorine is between 3 and 5 they tell me to just do the floater but since I had a problem, I put in a 2.5 gallon bottle of liquid chlorine last night anyway (and becasue my sister told me to).

Working really hard but not sure at the right things......:}

This is going to sound short but you need to read Pool School until you understand it. You're being pool stored, and badly.
Post a full set of test results and how you got them.
pH
FC
CC
TA
CH
CYA

We'll be glad to help you once we know those things.

milky white dust material is something i saw once when i put a phosphate treatment in the pool last year (i had not discovered this site back then). the phosphate treatment was granular instead of phosphree which is a liquid. at the end, everything rested at the bottom of the pool and I had to vacuum it out.

I am never doing that again of course.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.