Camas, WA

Finished Baqua conversion, now balancing for first time

Here are my first set of numbers:

FC: 14
    CC: .5
    TC: 14.5
    PH: 8
    TA: 250 (seems very high?)
    CH: 120 (turned a pink/blue, not a deep red, should I have kept adding drops?
    CYA: 30 (just added more 3 days ago to bring it back to 30, already dissolved in sock in filters)

Should I be working on lowering the TA first or the PH?

Wondering about the CH test: is pink the red they refer to or should I have kept adding drops to get a deep red?

20,000 Gallon Vinyl Splash AG pool. Goldline SWG. Two sand filters w. 1.5HP Sgl Spd pumps. Lexan Aqua Shield dome. Solar heating, with propane back-up.
    Camas, WA

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Finished Baqua conversion, now balancing for first time

On the CH test, you add drops till it turns any color in the red/pink family, then keep adding drops as long as each drop continues to change the color. As soon as a drop doesn't change the color you stop and the final drop that didn't change the color doesn't count.

The PH is probably reading a little higher than actual because of the high FC level. Lower the PH down to around 7.4 (instead of the usual 7.2). That will also start you on lowering the TA. Then go read the article on lowering TA in Pool School.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School