Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 1000gph filter ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex 1000gph filter ?

This whole pool thing is totally new to me, so people forgive me for asking such a basic question does the 1000gph filter work? Does it have a timer? Do I just plug it in when I want it to run? I'm planing on using it with the saltwater system, which I think has a timer. Should I just run the filter whenever someone is not in the pool or would this be too much? The pool I think we are going to get is the 15x48 metal pool. Also, is this filter any good? I've read a lot of reviews about the filters that come with the pool can't keep up. Thanks so much!!
    Intex 15X48 metal frame pool

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Intex 1000gph filter ?

The 1000 gph pump/filter consistently gets very bad reviews.

It is on any time it is plugged in. Many people plug it into a timer.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Bixby oklahoma

Re: Intex 1000gph filter ?

Academy sports is selling the 2500 gph for $99.00 now, not on sale, regular price. It has a timer and works so much better. Does the 15' pool come with 1.5" hoses? if so you can hook it right up with no adapters. I upgraded from the 1500 to the 2500 last year and its night and day the amount of circulation I get now and improved filtration.
    30k gallon inground, plaster, Sand filter, 2 hp hayward single speed.