TA for SWG

Apr 12, 2009
Installed a SWG (Haward aquarite) when I opened the pool last week. Haven't fired it up yet as i've been getting the water balanced. Everything looks good according to pool school article except TA. Mines a bit higher at about 150, above the 60-90. What sort of problems will that cause? How do I lower it if its a real problem?

High PH will cause the PH to drift up fairly quickly. There are two ways to deal with that. You can either lower the PH to 7.2 every time it gets to 7.8 and eventually the TA will come down. Or, you can follow the lowering TA procedure outlines in Pool School.

Keep a watch on the pH and lower it with acid every time it gets up and the TA will come down to a balance point. The only problem it causes is the pH rises faster than you'd like but keep adjusting the pH down and things will be fine.

Jason types faster than me....AGAIN!!! :hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.