Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TA for SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

TA for SWG

Installed a SWG (Haward aquarite) when I opened the pool last week. Haven't fired it up yet as i've been getting the water balanced. Everything looks good according to pool school article except TA. Mines a bit higher at about 150, above the 60-90. What sort of problems will that cause? How do I lower it if its a real problem?
    40'x20' IG vinyl, ~30k gal. pentair triton II sand filter. 3/4hp Hayward Super Pump. TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: TA for SWG

High PH will cause the PH to drift up fairly quickly. There are two ways to deal with that. You can either lower the PH to 7.2 every time it gets to 7.8 and eventually the TA will come down. Or, you can follow the lowering TA procedure outlines in Pool School.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: TA for SWG

Keep a watch on the pH and lower it with acid every time it gets up and the TA will come down to a balance point. The only problem it causes is the pH rises faster than you'd like but keep adjusting the pH down and things will be fine.

Jason types faster than me....AGAIN!!!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit