New Pool Owner

May 9, 2011
We just moved in October. Our kids enjoyed the pool until it got too cold. It cost us $350 to close the pool. Now they want another $350 to open the pool. I also noticed that the 1 month that we used the pool my sons eczema got worse. Our doctor recomended we go chemical free at best, at least a SWG. I ordered one before I found this website.....CircuPool RJ45 Salt System. Hopefully it will be suciffiant. I am looking for any advice I can get, before it gets here....
The pool company we used in the winter told us to start the pool and get it running before we install the SWG....I am not sure I see the point to that, but thought I would ask you first.

40,000 / Sand / IG - Vinyl

We don't have a lot of users with the Circupool but the reports so far are good.

The pool store is correct in this case,You should open and get the pool balanced before you start the swcg.

If you'll start by reading pool school, especially the parts about opening a pool and the recommended levels you'll be much happier and you will spend less money caring for it. All the rash issues will be non-existant and your family will thank you.

What Bama said. Get your pool balanced with a good test kit, then go from there.

Just so you know, a SWG pool still makes a chlorine pool.

The key is to keep the chlorine content (and all chemicals as far as that goes) appropriate and not overdo anything.

OK - i have been reading on here for a while now and have printed enough to make my own book....but some how i am confussed. I just called a local recomended pool comapny and got a better price that I can live with to start the pool up. I did peek under the cover and it is green - I can see the bottem, mostly. Anything I should do before he gets here?

The reason I ask is that the winter closing they had me drain the pool - then when the guys came out they told me that i didnt have too because I have covers for the skimmers. Should I pull the cover off and add water? If so, how full should it be up the cover.

Dont worry i am taking a lot of notes and praying next year will be better!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.