SWG having issues with making FC

Hurricane Gio

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 6, 2010
Coral Gables, FL
I have a Aqua-rite T-15 SWG on my pool. All last year I ran the cell at 15-20% to keep FC around 4-5.

This year after running a few days at 40%, my FC is only around 3-4. The ump runs 20hrs a day with 6 hrs on High speed. I see the bubbles in the water, but I can't get the FC to get higher. I have my solar cover on the pool.

the water is in balance.

FC 3-4
PH 7.8
TA 75
Borates 50
Salt 4300
CYA 70

is they cell going bad after 1 yr and a few months? Its clean and all wires seem fine. Again, its making chlorine as I can see the bubbles.

You should do an overnight FC loss test to see if you have the beginnings of an algae problem.

Also, what is the water temperature? If the water is below 60 degrees the cell might be having problems because of the cold water.

Is your Salt reading form the cell or from a test strip? A strip would be better.

If the salt is in line, another possibility is a sem-supressed algae bloom that might be cured by shocking the pool. Is the water clear?

If in doubt, an Overnight FC Loss Test might be in order.

JohnT said:
Is your Salt reading form the cell or from a test strip? A strip would be better.

If the salt is in line, another possibility is a sem-supressed algae bloom that might be cured by shocking the pool. Is the water clear?

If in doubt, an Overnight FC Loss Test might be in order.

from the cell. I screwed up the salt test last week. I will test the salt again. I I dumped 80 is the last month or so.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.