Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Figuring out filter model without sticker on it

1. Back To Top    #1

Figuring out filter model without sticker on it

I have a Pentair Sand Dollar sand filter and need to determine the model #. The sticker that is on the side is gone so I can not just look and see if its a SD60 or SD80. The website lists filter diameters. My question is what the filter diameter is? Is it the measurment around the tank itself? or something different. Thanks. Also this is my first post here (I belong to way to many forums!)
    Approx 74,000 liter inground vinyl pool 12x32, laser 225 sand filter, Hayward 2 speed pump + old pool heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Figuring out filter model without sticker on it

The diameter is the width of the tank at the widest point. You can measure the circumference (the distance around) the tank and divide by pi (3.1415).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Figuring out filter model without sticker on it

Thats what I thought. So if I do the math the filter diameter is 26'' making mine a SD80. I wanted to know this because I was debating to either change out the laterals or replace the entire filter to stop sand from getting in the pool. The entire filter is almost 30 years old in my estimation and I just put in a new pump (1.5hp) and changed out the sand about 6 months ago. Thanks.
    Approx 74,000 liter inground vinyl pool 12x32, laser 225 sand filter, Hayward 2 speed pump + old pool heater.