My pool since going BBB

RobbieH

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Aug 30, 2010
Dallas, TX
Honestly, all I've done is use the help found here on my pool. When I got the house, I had no idea what to do with my pool. I never went to the store, instead I figured I'd find an online resource where I could find good information, not a bunch of BS. After replacing my damaged sand filter and getting the pool in balance with nothing but chlorine, a little CYA, and a bit of calcium, this is what I've ended up with. I could not be more pleased with the quality of our water!! And these pictures were taken this weekend, my robot has been down for two weeks, we have no way to keep the pool clean other than sweeping every day! Given the amount of pollen the pool is collecting, it's amazing how clear the water stays!

That drain is around 9' down (it is a DEEP pool). I'll see about getting an accurate depth measurement later.

Thank you everyone here on TFP!!!

pool2.jpg

pool1.jpg

We estimate the pool was built in the late 50's or early 60's. We found receipts for the pool equipment and we guess a replaster in 1989. The pool does have some plaster etch and stains, so we will be resurfacing probably at the end of this swim season.

Don't forget the downside to BBB. If you had gone to the pool store, your wallet would be lighter and you'd have gotten rid of all that pesky free time!

Almost hurts your eyes to look at a pool that clean.

The terra cotta patio is big enough, but we want to have it redone. As you can see, there are some spots with the mortar missing. We talked about pulling it up and going with something else, but the coolness of it and the style is growing on us so we are just going to have it repaired.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.