Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My pool since going BBB

1. Back To Top    #1

My pool since going BBB

Honestly, all I've done is use the help found here on my pool. When I got the house, I had no idea what to do with my pool. I never went to the store, instead I figured I'd find an online resource where I could find good information, not a bunch of BS. After replacing my damaged sand filter and getting the pool in balance with nothing but chlorine, a little CYA, and a bit of calcium, this is what I've ended up with. I could not be more pleased with the quality of our water!! And these pictures were taken this weekend, my robot has been down for two weeks, we have no way to keep the pool clean other than sweeping every day! Given the amount of pollen the pool is collecting, it's amazing how clear the water stays!

That drain is around 9' down (it is a DEEP pool). I'll see about getting an accurate depth measurement later.

Thank you everyone here on TFP!!!

We estimate the pool was built in the late 50's or early 60's. We found receipts for the pool equipment and we guess a replaster in 1989. The pool does have some plaster etch and stains, so we will be resurfacing probably at the end of this swim season.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My pool since going BBB

Don't forget the downside to BBB. If you had gone to the pool store, your wallet would be lighter and you'd have gotten rid of all that pesky free time!

Almost hurts your eyes to look at a pool that clean.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

It is hard to believe your pool is that old and can look so good!

You're ready for summer fun
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

nice pool and yard- I really like the red patio blocks, but find it kinda pricey to expand...
    24ft x 52in AGP 18000 gal
    sand filter, 200#,1.5 hp single speed pump
    Wood deck (still in progress...)

5. Back To Top    #5

Don't you just hate it when that happens! Gorgeous layout.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

The terra cotta patio is big enough, but we want to have it redone. As you can see, there are some spots with the mortar missing. We talked about pulling it up and going with something else, but the coolness of it and the style is growing on us so we are just going to have it repaired.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!