Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: self-draining winter cover

1. Back To Top    #1

self-draining winter cover

Hi all, I'm looking at winter covers for an aboveground pool (in Iowa). I have been looking at the self-draining covers (such as EZ drain or Dryco) where you connect a drain tube from the center of the cover to the return outlet. Does anyone have info/opinion on the pros and cons of this type of cover? Thanks in advance, Alicia
    18 x 33 AG vinyl, 17000 gal, Hayward DE 1.5, Aquatrol SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: self-draining winter cover

I know of a friend that has one of those covers and he likes it. That's all I can tell you :-\

Although i usually just sell a regular cover and get the customer to buy a Rule auto cover pump.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Why not just get a mesh cover where the water passes through? Its all we use in seattle.
    20X40 30,000 gallon gunite pool

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by justbeachy
    Hi all, I'm looking at winter covers for an aboveground pool (in Iowa). I have been looking at the self-draining covers (such as EZ drain or Dryco) where you connect a drain tube from the center of the cover to the return outlet. Does anyone have info/opinion on the pros and cons of this type of cover? Thanks in advance, Alicia
    I was really interested in this style cover also after reading about it. What the heck happened to them?! Ever single retailer online shows them either out of stock or no longer available... ??
    Howell, NJ
    24'x52" Round AGP, j-hook liner, resin frame, 1 hp pump, sand filter, new fill well water (6/7/2011).
    14,600 gallons