Jandy LX Heater Pressure Switch

texasbrew

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Humble, TX
I have a Jandy LX pool heater. I am getting a pressure switch light when I try to turn on the heater. I have cleared all of the skimmer baskets as well as the pump basket. I backflushed the DE filter about 3 weeks ago. Over the summer whenever there was a small amount of lawn clippings in the pump basket then I would get the same behavior. The gauge on the filter shows that it is pretty much where it was right after the backflush (kids now back in school so very limited pool/sap use). The water pressure from the jets seems to be about normal. Is it common for a pressure switch to fail in less than 2 years on a new heater? Is there any other possible explanation other than a faulty switch?

Thanks.

The pressure switch could be out of calibration. That would mean that the pressure sensor is correctly measuring pressure, but the set point is too high, cutting off the heater unless the flow is much more than is actually required. This calibration can drift slowly over time and it sounds like you were already near the boundary when it was installed. There should be a section on calibrating the sensor in your heater manual.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.