Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Scary Stuff

1. Back To Top    #1

2. Back To Top    #2

My husband was telling me about this yesterday. We go to a couple of the other lakes here in Az constantly during the summer. This is like some science fiction nightmare. The case in Az strikes at my heart not only b/c it happened here but b/c I also have a 14 yr. old son. I just can't imagine what that family is going through.
    under construction (o/b): IG 34'x18' free form gunite pool w/ 9' raised spa w/ rock waterfall into pool, 18" raised bond, grotto,baja shelf, 3'-8', turbo twister slide.
    equipment: 2 hp whisperflow, 1.5 hp whisperflow, clean & clear 520 cartridge filter, 400K btu heater, easy touch 8 automation, intellchlor swcg

3. Back To Top    #3

Ontario, Canada
    It is a very stange thing thats happening. The only advice is to not swim during prolonged periods of heatwaves. But thats
    the times when you need to cool off.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Katy, TX
    It is starting to scare me into swimming in "my controlled piece of water" and nowhere else. And I spent my childhood and early adulthood in all types of lakes and streams with no ill result. I'm sure part of this is modern hysteria due to how these stories are more available to us these days as opposed to in the past, but at the same time you have to say to yourself "it is a possibilty".
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

5. Back To Top    #5
    AS long as they cant grow in salt water (ie, chesapeake bay and atlantic ocean) i dont care, but i hope the family is doing ok.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Waaay NW MN
    My heart aches for that family. How aweful. Losing my kids in any way is my worst nightmare.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Very sad. My heart and prayers go out to that family.

I hope medical sceince figures this one out.
    20x40 24,000 gal IG plaster/CircuPool RJ45 SWG/2 skimmer/2sp 2.5hp Jandy Stealth/340sq ft cart filter/600sqftHeliocol Solar Panels/6ft semi circlr tanning ledge/25ft deep end bench/5ft sheer descent/2 lion head water features/1300sqft travertine paver/2 Colorlogic lights/Hayward Navigator/3step 2ft raised bond beam