Chemlink C1900 installed DIY...noob story

jblizzle said:
Why worry about that salt level? Still well below a typical SWG required level. It will not cause any problems.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Good question....I don't really have a gut feel for problematic dissolved solid and salt levels.

There is nothing "problematic" about it at all. TDS can be totally ignored, it has no effect worth mentioning and all the stories about it are just a historical artifact back to the days before it was possible to measure CYA levels. Salt is only an issue at levels far far above the ones your pool will ever reach (ie above 5000 ppm) .

I know this is an old thread but I would very much appreciate if you could share how you connected the C1900 to the stenner pumps. Did you use outlets connected to relays on the power center or did you connect the pumps directly to the C1900? The stenner pumps in the picture don't have a flow switch that you can use for the purpose of turning the pump on/off.

If you controlled the pumps from the power center that was connected to the C1900, how did you configure the iAquaLink to use the outlets?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Scott. I also found this old thread hoping to use this system. Very helpful thread! Looks like you can directly wire an outlet for the pumps to plug into from the C1900 as long as the pump (110V) is less than 8 amp (has built in relays). I have an Aquapure 1400 salt system and it looks like the C1900 can directly control it through the Aqualink buss which is nice. I think the iAquaLink recognizes the Chemlink when it is connected via the RS485 terminals (we are allowed 2 connections per terminal before needing a splitter if you have multiple devices attached to your aqualink controller). If you move forward with your project hopefully you will start a thread with pics. I will do the same if I move forward.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.