RO treatment instead of drain and fill?

Bobba

May 7, 2011
I am considering having my pool RO filtered instead of draining and filling. My reasons are a CH level over 1500 and salt level (as measured by pool store tests) of about 7000. I have been using liquid chlorine for about 3 yrs and our fill water here in east Mesa, AZ is extremely hard. Our temperatures are hovering at the 90-100 degree range so to get things back to respectable levels, I would have to do a bunch of partial drains and backwashes. The RO service is pricey but should solve my problem. Anyone have experience with the RO filtering?

I've used RO filtering, but not in pools- it works great, but unsure of costs...
I used to maintain a unit supplying drinking water to 1200 people, lots of maintenance- but you're paying someone to do that, not installing your own unit for longtime use, right?

After reading duraleigh's question I tested my tap water and for some reason multiplied by 100 instead of 10. Much to my embarrasment, I panicked and posted (at least I thought I did) about my unbelievable results. Good thing it's Sunday or I would have been calling the city Water Dept..

Bobba said:
After reading duraleigh's question I tested my tap water and for some reason multiplied by 100 instead of 10. Much to my embarrasment, I panicked and posted (at least I thought I did) about my unbelievable results. Good thing it's Sunday or I would have been calling the city Water Dept..

I'm sorry you are having problems, but your post made me laugh out loud! :lol: :lol:
I guess the water department is glad it is Sunday, too :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.