Sand filter which one? TR100 or TR60 with ClearProâ„¢

Mar 17, 2011
We are in the process of building our pool and we are getting close on buying the equipment. We have decided to go sand because I am disabled and in a wheelchair and even though I wanted DE I have been convinced that sand is much easier to deal with.

I know from what I have read here that bigger is better but between the larger TR100 or the TR60 with ClearPro which would you go with? We plan on the led pool lights coming ever night, and that's why I originally wanted the DE filter.

The pool is a 15k in ground, spa, 3050 vrs, 3" pipe, 400 btu heater, full automation.

Thanks.

As you said, bigger is usually better when it comes to filter size.

You said, "We plan on the led pool lights coming ever night, and that's why I originally wanted the DE filter."

That ClearPro Technology sounds great. Please let us know if you are happy with that setup.

If you are looking for a little better filtering capability, I would recommend adding some DE powder to the sand filter. Please see this article: pool-school/add_de_to_a_sand_filter However, I am not sure if DE powder is compatible with ClearPro Technology and recommend consulting the owner's manual, as well.

I also came across this discussion: pentair-clear-pro-technology-sand-filter-t25874.html

From my discussions with a Pentair Filter engineer, that Clear Pro technology is the real deal.

However, the TR60 I think is rated only for 60gpm and I don't think you get extra filtering capacity....just clarity.

What pump are you planning to use? Getting the appropriate match of pump and filter is the real key to a good system.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.