Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Draining

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Draining

Best way to drain my pool, googled a bit and noticed getting a pump from home depot....

I have a high 100+ CYA level, the calculator mentioned draining about 25-30% of my pool....
    15,000 gallon SWG (AquaRite Goldline Controls) in-ground pool. Pentair 50 DE Filter, small waterfall (separate whisperflo pump).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Draining

I did the pump from Home Depot it moves about 3000 gallons a hour if your run is not to long. So just the 4 hour rate should get it done. Unless you have a huge pool.
    Screen enclosed 17K gal 16x30 IG with Diamond Brite finish, elevated 4 jet spa with spill over, Twin dolphin fountain, Hayward Ecostar pump[ Pentair intelliflo VS, Filter Sta rite Posi-Flo PTM 100, Aqua Cal heat pump, Tiger Shark QC robotic cleaner.
    Stenner peristaltic pump model 45MPHP10, 15 gal storage tank. TF 100 with Speed Stir.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Pool Draining

Plan on doing more than one partial drain. The math is very straightforward....if you need a 25% reduction in CYA, you drain 25% of the pool. It sounds like you need a lot more than that.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School