Pentair/Rainbow 320c on 1 1/2" pipes installation question

Diver

May 5, 2011
South of Boston
The bushings that come with the chlorinator (2" to 1 1/2" adaptors) are supposed to be glued inside of the chlorinator base (2" pipe). I tried them on and they are very tight. I'm wondering if they are supposed to go all the way in until the stop in the middle of the pipe or not? i don't want to bang them in when i glue them, but i also want to be sure that they are as far inside as they are supposed to go.

Re: Pentair/Rainbow 320c on 1 1/2" pipes installation questi

Diver said:
The bushings that come with the chlorinator (2" to 1 1/2" adaptors) are supposed to be glued inside of the chlorinator base (2" pipe). I tried them on and they are very tight. I'm wondering if they are supposed to go all the way in until the stop in the middle of the pipe or not? i don't want to bang them in when i glue them, but i also want to be sure that they are as far inside as they are supposed to go.

I cannot speak from experience with the 320c feeder however, in general, once you apply primer and solvent to the PVC fittings they slide together *much* easier and I suspect you will find that to be the case here as well.

Regards,

Jay

Re: Pentair/Rainbow 320c on 1 1/2" pipes installation questi

Jay, thanks for the answer. i put the whole thing together couple of weeks ago and it all went without any problem. i managed to push one of them all the way and another one stopped shortly before the stop, but it's really nicely there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.