Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair/Rainbow 320c on 1 1/2" pipes installation question

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair/Rainbow 320c on 1 1/2" pipes installation question

The bushings that come with the chlorinator (2" to 1 1/2" adaptors) are supposed to be glued inside of the chlorinator base (2" pipe). I tried them on and they are very tight. I'm wondering if they are supposed to go all the way in until the stop in the middle of the pipe or not? i don't want to bang them in when i glue them, but i also want to be sure that they are as far inside as they are supposed to go.
    26K In-ground Vinyl Pool | Hayward DE4820/SP0710XR50 filter | 1.125 HP Dual Speed Hayward Super Pump | Aquasol Solar

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair/Rainbow 320c on 1 1/2" pipes installation questi

Quote Originally Posted by Diver
    The bushings that come with the chlorinator (2" to 1 1/2" adaptors) are supposed to be glued inside of the chlorinator base (2" pipe). I tried them on and they are very tight. I'm wondering if they are supposed to go all the way in until the stop in the middle of the pipe or not? i don't want to bang them in when i glue them, but i also want to be sure that they are as far inside as they are supposed to go.
    I cannot speak from experience with the 320c feeder however, in general, once you apply primer and solvent to the PVC fittings they slide together *much* easier and I suspect you will find that to be the case here as well.

Regards,

Jay
    Jay

28,000 gal in-ground hybrid pool with PacFab Superflow 100 sand filter witn VitroClean media, Intelliflo VS pump, Stenner chlorine pump, Raypak R336A Millivolt Natural Gas Pool Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pentair/Rainbow 320c on 1 1/2" pipes installation questi

Jay, thanks for the answer. i put the whole thing together couple of weeks ago and it all went without any problem. i managed to push one of them all the way and another one stopped shortly before the stop, but it's really nicely there.
    26K In-ground Vinyl Pool | Hayward DE4820/SP0710XR50 filter | 1.125 HP Dual Speed Hayward Super Pump | Aquasol Solar