Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vermiculite pool bottom and Gorilla pad

1. Back To Top    #1

Vermiculite pool bottom and Gorilla pad

Ok folks, hope all of you are well. Here's my question.....after installing the pool last year with a sand bottom and not being happy with it, just had a vermiculite bottom installed today. I am wondering if I can reuse, or should I reuse my Gorilla Pad I used on my sand bottom? Will it hold moisture, inhibit mold growth, or cause any problems? Also, I'm getting ready to install wall foam as well....any tips, hints, or things to remember? I'll be using 3M 77 adhesive. Thanks in advance! Marc
    10,000 Gallon 12x26 EZ Panel, Vinyl Liner, 1 1/2 HP Hayward Power Flo LX Pump (70 GPM), SM2300T Hayward Sand Filter, BBB Method....nuff said!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Vermiculite pool bottom and Gorilla pad

I don't see why not, as long as it's clean. It should hold moisture, just as the liner would. Waste has been pretty busy, but he may have some good input
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3
    Waaay NW MN

Re: Vermiculite pool bottom and Gorilla pad

I would use it. I love the difference that Gorilla pad makes for the bottom. We put foam wall liner on last year when we replaced our liner. remember to order enough foam adhesive (the recommended amount is never enough) also remember to have enough people with to help - one to hold the foam roll out straight out of the way, one person to apply it smoothly like wall paper - bubbles and ripples are not fun to fix. Cut the wall foam larger than your skimmer and return openings so it does cause issues with the gaskets sealing correctly - we had to re-do because there was too much bulk/buldge and it sealed much better after being cut back. Both the foam wall and Gorilla pad are wonderful additions.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!