Installing a thru the wall skimmer on a splash superpool?

jsgip

Jul 1, 2007
NW Minnesota
I have a 13x25 splash superpool and I am interested in installing a thru the wall skimmer. Has anyone done this to their splash pool? I have looked at the various installs on intex pools and the way my superpool is there is a larger portion on the top that the supports run through and the water level is normally half way up the white part of the liner.

I really hate the skimmer inside the pool and it makes it a pain to winterize/open by having to get in and disconnect the hoses at the bottom of the pool. I am nervous about cutting into the sidewall and am not sure this is the best option. I thought about installing it inside the pool in the corner where the skimmer normally is but routing it out the top holder hole instead of the bottom hole in the corner.....Any thoughts?

Here are the 2 openings on the corner for the skimmer and input to the pump. The top one is the holder for the skimmer and the lower one is the input to the pump. The current skimmer is a floating skimmer attached via hosing to the bottom hole and held in place by a smaller hose connector.

[attachment=1:1wr65f5v]pool corner.jpg[/attachment:1wr65f5v]

The sidewall white portion measures 9.5 inches from top to bottom. The open space below the tubing is about 7 inches so I would have to cut through 2 layers of vinyl that have a bit of separation between them like a pocket.
[attachment=0:1wr65f5v]pool sidewall.jpg[/attachment:1wr65f5v]

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• pool corner.jpg
    pool corner.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 180
  • pool sidewall.jpg
    pool sidewall.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 181
Re: Installing a thru the wall skimmer on a splash superpool

Doing that is very problematic. Cutting into the top band weakens the entire pool and it can rip out from one of the corners of the skimmer opening, sometimes right away, sometimes months later. You might be better off trying to find an over the top of the wall skimmer that will fit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.