Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thanks for saving me money.

1. Back To Top    #1
    Katy, Tx

Thanks for saving me money.

I just wanted to say thanks for helping me save. In this economy, every little bit helps. I started using the BBB method about a month ago and I cant beleive the results. I now have a Hasa Chlorine Injector, pushing the liquid chlorine and I've been using the muratic acid to drop the PH. I havent had to use any Baking Soda, since it took several weeks to bring my Alkalinity down from 300 to 100, havent had the need to raise it. Using these chemicals is by far eaiser, and cheaper, I cant imagine going back to Stealer, sorry Dealer, chemicals again.

Once again, Thanks, I've learned a lot from the school and the people on this site.

Pool - 18' Doughboy Above Ground Vinyl, 7600 Gallons, 1HP Hayward Power-Flo Matrix pump, Hayward Star Clear Cartridge Filter C500 50 GPM flow rate, Hasa Chlorine Injector, Pool Rover Vacuum, Taylor K-2005 Testkit - Hot Tub - Artesian Pelican Bay, 550 Gallons, Ozone, Nature 2 Mineral Sanatizer, Bromine floater.

2. Back To Top    #2

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: Thanks for saving me money.

Thanks for the update. Over time, just let the acid addition (if any) lower the TA level even further and you should find less of a need for adding acid. You can readily operate the pool with a TA of 80 ppm or 70 ppm. When using chlorinating liquid or bleach, a TA of 100 can be on the high side for some pools, but just see how things go.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"