Tiles keep popping off

Aproct

May 6, 2011
Hello all newbie here...Came across this site while trying to figure out why pump motor was making a noise which ended up being the bearings.. Anyway I have a A&S pool, happy with it, it is nice but long story with it. Anyway I live in NJ, I have had this problem from day one...The spa tiles on the spillway wall and now the spillway are popping off. I fixed them about 2 years ago and needless to say when I popped the cover and there are the tiles laying in the bottom of the spa...I have tiles that are cracked on top of the spill way too. Just a mess..Now I also have tiles popping off where the skimmer entrances are inside the pool...I was told that it has to do with the type of material that they used as the scratch coat. Whatever it is, what is the proper fix and what materials do people recommend. thanks!

Andy

If the tiles come off leaving the substrate it's probably poor quality adhesive. If there's bits of substrate stuck to the glue on the back of the tiles it's probably the substrate (maybe got wet before it dried washing out any cement).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.