Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Removing a solid cover for opening

1. Back To Top    #1

Kansas City, MO

Removing a solid cover for opening

Can anyone offer some advice for removing a solid safety cover? In the past I always had a mesh cover that was fairly easy, even if it got submerged because the water would flow off. I have been searching through the site and can't seem to find any specific topics on this.

20k freeform 1970s gunite, sand filter and Raypak heater, couldn't tell you on the pump/motor.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Montgomery County, PA

Re: Removing a solid cover for opening

I have a solid safety cover and we have found it's easiest to remove with 3 people. One person to release the straps and one on each side of the pool to pull the cover back on itself. We start at the front and work our way back. That way, as you release the cover from the anchors and pull it back, it's resting on the parts of the cover that are still strapped to the anchors. Once we get to the back of the pool the entire cover is on solid ground. We found it significantly reduces the strain on those holding the cover.

I hope that helps.
    23K Gunite IG Pool
    Waterway Crystal Water SVL56 Pump/1.5HP AO Smith Motor
    Hayward Star-Clear Plus Cartridge Filter C17502
    Aquarite 40k SWG
    Polaris 360

3. Back To Top    #3

Coastalish 'down easter'

Re: Removing a solid cover for opening

Hi, and welcome to TFP!!
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)