Bubble Problems

sirbb

May 5, 2011
I have a concrete in-Ground spa, 6' Hex, with 5 jets, with overflow into the pool, same level as pool, equipment ~35' from spa, common pump for pool and spa, blower for spa.

My spa was not making allot (spitting and sputtering on random jets) of bubbles, the blower was making allot of noise so I installed a new blower (2HP) and check valve (spring load 2Lbs). That made some improvement (no noise..nice) but now I get bubbles/air coming from only 2 or sometime 3 jets. At one point I had switched the jets to a different size, from ~1/2" opening to ~1" opening, I now don't remember which ones are the correct original ones. Is there a standard?

Can anyone give me some advise what I need to do to get the other jest to bubble?

Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

Sometimes the jet can get partially clogged with debris. You should be able to remove the jet nozzle and see if there is any debris back there and if so remove anything you can get at.

Jets come in different sizes, it is a question of what you like and does your pump have enough flow for the larger openings.

Thanks for the feedback. I checked for obstructions and it was all clear. I tried the blower without the pump on and had bubbles coming out of all 5 jets, but when I turned the pump on 2 of them stopped. I checked the jets without the blower on and all 5 have a solid jet of water. I noticed my pump pressure was high when switched to the spa, at 35psi (it is at 25 with the pool on), so I removed one of my spa jets thinking it dad too much back pressure and would not let the air out. I was right and wrong, the pressure did not drop any, stayed at 35psi, but the outlet without the jet started bubbling (along with one other where I had removed the jet) but the rest of them did not bubble, even the ones that did when I had all jest mounted.

Does the back pressure from the jets play a big role to create the right balance to allow the bubbles to come out?

Is there a plumbing restriction (by design) in the spa plumbing that would keep my pressure higher then the pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.