I just moved in to my new house, it came with a pool, and they ain't kidding when they said pool can be annoying. Due to ignorance I drained the pool water (the day after I read about the danger of drained pool, had me scared for days), luckily nothing wrong happened. I also opened, drained, and cleaned my filter.
I am filling the pool with new water so I need help to verify if my information is correct.
I been reading the forum and random internet site for a while, I know I can ask the store. But I am very bitter toward my local pool store since they convinced me to brought 40 dollars worth of testing stripe, and told me that all test kits are worthless. (I guess its my fault for relying 100% on them. =/)
Sorry for all the crying, here are my questions:
1. I know that there are better test kit out there, but I got this kit already, http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...65&R=100350165, is this enough for now? Or should I buy the one recommended at the forum?
2. I brought a gigantic box of chlorine tablet, before I learned about BBB, it is too late to return it (brought it before I move in), can I still use the BBB method, but replace bleach with chlorine tablet? Or should I just follow the traditional method?
3. For the new water, should I get bleach as a start-up? Or can I just put 2 tablet in a floater, and test it after a few hours?
4. Here are what I scheduled to do after my pool is full, if other equipments don't suddenly fail on me:
Open manual pressure relief valve, set it to backwash, wait till water start leaking from manual pressure relief valve
Close manual pressure relief valve, set it to filter.
DE mix with water into filter
Put chlorine tablet in floater into the pool with filter on
Measure and adjust ph accordingly after 1 hour of chlorine tablet
Adjust Total Alkalinity level after ph and fc level correct
Cyn Acid in sock in skimmer, run filter for 1 week, while checking chlorine and ph level everyday.
After 1 week, test Cyn Acid, and test CH
5. I heard that I shouldn't add all chemical in one day, since Cyn Acid will take 1 week to fully register, can I still work on other chemical during that 1 week period?
6. Since CYA cannot be bring down without draining the water, should I add 1/3 of recommended amount per week over a period of 3 weeks?
7. The pool store told me to add the whole bottle of 6lb CYA into the skimmer, I planned to use the sock method... this could be a silly question, but I must need a lot of socks for the full 6lbs =/
8. Running test on water, since its new water, should I test for CYA and TA level even if I never added any to it before? The level should be zero since its new water right?
Sorry for the big post, but I am getting pretty nervous, as my water is getting full either by tomorrow morning or afternoon.
Any help will be appreciated, thank you.