Thank you TFP!

LWillis

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
This site has been such a help to me over the last couple of years. I can't thank you guys enough.

I went to open my pool 2 weeks ago for the season. Water was sort of clear when I took the cover off. I had to add some water of course. I've got well water but been dealing with that for years with my pool. After running my pump and doing my usual shock and pool opening, the water was still somewhat green, although I could see the bottom. I read more in the pool school section, and could only seem to narrow the problem down to a metals stain issue. Although this seems rare. I read the vitamin C test and tried this. I detected a slight improvement in the area of the stain where I held the vitamin C tablet. But I admit I was somewhat skeptical of the this treatment helping me.

Well I ordered the abscorbic acid, and waited until the chlorine levels dropped. Earlier this evening I added the recommended dosage of the ascorbic acid. Went in the house to do an errand and came back 15 minutes later. I have to admit I was shocked. My water was clear, and the liner in the pool looked great. I guess I had a stain issue more than I realized, probably even going back to end of last summer. My water is just a bit cloudy now which I know I can clear up when I add the sequestrant to remove the ascorbic acid and metals.

My thanks to you guys again. Who knows how many chemicals and $ I would have went through to try to clear this up and open my pool. I finally made a $ contribution to the site which I should have done some time ago.

This year I'm going to add the Borax and go the full BBB method.

I finally made a $ contribution to the site which I should have done some time ago.
Well, no, you really did it exactly the way we want it to happen. You came on, joined, listened to the advice, learned what you needed to know and then contributed to the site.

I hope everyone would be like you and come on and participate, save some significant money and then contribute to the forum.

PS - in the interest of full disclosure, I own the forum but I do not receive ANY of the proceeds from the lifetime memberships. that money goes to keep the forum running smoothly and to keeping the info here reliable and accurate. Thaks for your support.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.