Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Oval pool with deep end... what liner?

1. Back To Top    #1

Oval pool with deep end... what liner?

Hi all, I just found this website yesterday, and so far reading various things it's been very helpful One question I have is what kind of liner should I get if I want a deep end on an oval pool? I would like it to be as much as I can, 7 or 8 feet if it is practical. The pool I am currently looking at is a 18'x39'x52" Hampton Oval pool with A braces (only $3,400 on sale now for the pool and liner only, no equipment). The guy I spoke to recommended getting a 72" liner, and cutting the excess from the short end. Will that liner stretch to 7 or 8 feet, or would I need a different liner? If I need a different one, are there any recommendations, or will I need to get one custom made?

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome, or if you need any clarification about anything, please ask
    18' x 38' x 52" oval AGP with 6' deep end (foam on the walls, preformed coving, and Happy Bottom floor padding)
    Pentair Optiflow 1 HP 2 Speed pump
    Pentair cc200 cartridge filter
    Pentair UltraTemp Model 110 BLK 108,000 BTU Heat Pump
    2 Intex SWG's (copper unplugged)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Oval pool with deep end... what liner?

Looking around more online, it looks like above ground liners can be expandable up to 6', but not really any more. If I want a deeper deep end than that I'd have to get a custom liner made for an inground pool that costs 2 to 3 times as much...

Is that pretty much how it works?
    18' x 38' x 52" oval AGP with 6' deep end (foam on the walls, preformed coving, and Happy Bottom floor padding)
    Pentair Optiflow 1 HP 2 Speed pump
    Pentair cc200 cartridge filter
    Pentair UltraTemp Model 110 BLK 108,000 BTU Heat Pump
    2 Intex SWG's (copper unplugged)