Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Just had pool installed but have question..

1. Back To Top    #1

Just had pool installed but have question..

Hello everyone, I just recently had my above ground pool installed and I noticed yesterday that the liner looked wrinkled against the wall so I felt it to see what it was and it is actually one of the uprights. You can see it through the liner. Do you think this will cause a problem? I sure hope it doesnt rub a hole in the liner because the pool is filled with water and I dont want to waste the water. Did anyone experience this? I hope I explained it correctly.. :/
    17100 Gallon AGP, Sta-Rite 150sq ft ModMedia Filter, Sta-Rite 1.5 hp Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Just had pool installed but have question..

I don't think it's an upright. It's most likely the wall seam which is right behind an upright. They should have covered it with something (duct tape, etc.) to prevent it from puncturing or rubbing through the liner. I can feel mine too.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Just had pool installed but have question..

oh ok... I wasnt sure what it was but I knew the upright was there in front of it. That makes sense. The wall had to end somewhere.. lol.. Thank you so much because I was so worried. We had a intex for the last couple of years and just upgraded to a metal wall above ground. I can't wait till the plumbing gets done this weekend and we can start the pool season. Have a great day..
    17100 Gallon AGP, Sta-Rite 150sq ft ModMedia Filter, Sta-Rite 1.5 hp Pump