Help with building Outdoor Island

G

Firstly, I am amazed at all the great looking outdoor BBQs and Islands that members are making here. Wow!!

I am new to the whole pool and outdoor bbq stuff.

We moved to a new home recently (in Toronto) and I have tons of questions.

We are planning to get a pool built later this year or early this year as we are still waiting on grading and exterior work to be completed on the home. I'll post in the pool section on question for the build.

As for the outdoor Island / BBQ, I like the look of the stone walls and stone counter.

How does one go about starting to learn how to build one? I am fairly handy so just need some reading material and guidance.

What material are required? I see metal studs, hardiboard, etc. Where can these be bought from? Don't think Home Depot carries metal studs (I could be wrong and probably am...). Any books / resources online that would should a step by step build including materials to get?

Thanks!

Lowes and Home Depot both have books on Outdoor kitchens. They are fairly easy to build, witht he most cost on the appliances, and the counter tops. An alternative I have used before is to use concrete block for the frame, not metal. Its easy to work with AND inexpensive. I then faced it with flagstone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.