Chlorine amount??

May 4, 2011
Hi,

Ive been on around 4 or 5 sites that have water balance calculators. They are recommending to increase my chlorine from 0.5 to 1.5ppm i need to add 1.7oz of the cholrine i have to a 4750 gallon pool, this seems very little. i test the pool twice weekly and always seems to need to add quite a bit of chorline. the thing is i add my chlorine and test about 5-10 mins later, is this too early and is the chlorine level still increasing?

How much do you recommend i put in to maintain the chlorine level? Confused...

Thanks

What kind of chlorine are you using?

For chlorine, you need to test the water daily, and you also need to know your CYA level to determine how much chlorine you need. Most pools would use up more chlorine in a day than 1.7ppm even in ideal conditions just from sunlight, so you are going to need to add the chlorine probably morning and evening.

That amount is reasonable, but still isn't enough for a day as I said above. I edited my previous post while you were typing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.